Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hair today, hair tomorrow too!

One thing I like to do, or should I say one thing I'd like to do, is mess around with my hair. I want to figure out what works best, for me and grow from there.

Note, I didn't say "go".

For myself, as I know it is for most girls I know, we grow. Everyday. I don't mean we go from an A to a B cup or our hips are curvier today than yesterday (goodness knows how lovely those would be though!)

No, I mean we grow and in that I mean we learn and ask questions about ourselves, we confide like sisters or women who know something where men often stand around wondering what we are talking about. And it's a good thing.

Many feminine aspects of humanity are shown by those who form close-knit, personal friendships with people we admire, respect and in some cases, love. We truly desire a moment alone with someone whom we can talk to, one on one, whispering about this, giggling about that. You name it.

I take my own appearance pretty seriously. I think that's one thing that separates the passable from the not-so-passable. I like to look at clothes that are distinctive and make me look sharp as much as maybe they flatter my legs a little more or they are a little more daring than I might like.

And I watch... all the time I am looking at girls thinking 'that could work for me' or 'no way would I wear that'. But my whole appearance boils down to one thing.

Hair.

I can't deny that I am searching for that truly perfect hairstyle that will flatter me, look natural and expressive, and really make me open up inside. I love looking at genetic women's hairstyles, liking some things and perhaps not others. After all, we girls can be so finicky. :)

After many years of soul-searching and such, I've landed on a lightish brown/red as being the best for me. A sort of roan color, not too long, but not too short. I like something that will help conceal the neck a bit and throw off lovely shades in the spotlights of clubs when I am out with my friends. But not something that makes me too self-conscious. And, of course, something I can play with demurely when the time is appropriate! :)

So the hunt continues for that perfect style... I am not quite ready to settle for one style quite yet, but I am close. I'd like to get a consistency and a familiarity, that will only help passing to the general public. I can't say for sure what the end will be, since the future's always in motion, but I have a lot of ideas, a bunch of awesomely terrific friends and the chance to open up and be me more, which will all lead to more and more terrific memories as the future unfolds.

Happy times sisters!! Love ya!

1 comment:

  1. Hair is such a personal aspect to us that manifests who we are and see ourselves to be. Like clothes and makeup, it is the attribute that can help soften and flatter. It is a personal thing that speaks volumes of the person who wears it the way they do. It is an extension of ourselves and an art form waiting to be crafted!

    ReplyDelete