Sunday, September 19, 2010

Voices from Beyond...? Maybe just outstanding voices!

I can't tell you how I have opened up of late, there is always so much going on. Sometimes you get lost. Sometimes you just never know what will happen.

So today I got an unexpected treat, my dear friend Felicity wanted to call me all the way around from New Zealand. It was a real treat (yes, I babbled a bit, it was just great to talk to a sister). It was wonderful to hear her voice and talked about being out and about. It made me really proud.

I really need to use the blog to be a journal, it seems every day something new and wonderful happens and I can't stand not feeling like it's worth that extra special time to write about it.

We talked about what a wonderful time I had going to SCC and taking the train and relaxing. Going down was a real treat, going out as me was even more so. Twice! In addition I got into a really wonderful chat with a girl who loves writing music, we connected so well that we shared contact information. She is a real beauty with a lovely smile. And great knowledge of music.

So much happens nowadays and with the Internet and cell phones we are a global sisterhood really. You have no idea unless you join up, but joining up is so much fun. I had a terrific time with my friends out at SCC and then coming home and I have even more friends to converse with. This is just surreal.

So despite the depression that my friend in New Zealand was facing a Monday early AM (it was about 1:30 PM on Sunday here) I can't say enough about how wonderful it was to share voices and reality. Reality is often overrated and sometimes scary. I was a little afraid to pick up the phone and reveal me, but I did and I was so glad I did. My dear friend Felicity is a great person and so warm and her voice is so special. She is a really good friend of mine, no matter what the mileage is between us! Here's her blog: http://flicdoesusa2011.blogspot.com/

So hugs for all of you that reach out and welcome new sisters or just reach out and share time with someone new. It's a special treat, and for one this girl really appreciates it.

HUGS to all who share their lives and are open about it. You make the world go round and you are all very special!!

♥Samantha♥

No comments:

Post a Comment